Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Why we're here?

After talking to a co-worker, I found myself thinking three things. First, I'm old. Second, there are legions of New England Patriot fans who cannot truly appreciate what is happening right now because they don't understand how bad things used to be. Third, miracles can happen.

The conversation in question was about Tom Brady and for some reason I brought up Tony Eason's name. The young man looked at me like the top of my head just fell off. Who's Tony Eason? The day has come when a legion of young fans don't remember Champagne Tony? I never thought I'd see the day. Some of these fans might be bandwagon jumpers and to them, go to hell. But for the rest who just don't remember what it was like when a Patriot loss and no international incident or front page scandal was considered a moral victory, this is for you. So you too can understand the wonder of these Patriot by seeing where they came from and see that miracles do happen.

No comments: